Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
-For Big East proponents, you have to love Cinci's drubbing of Rutgers on the road. This team seems to be even stronger than last year's BCS representative. Now, hopefully for the Big East, the Bearcats led by Tony Pike can run the table and give the ACC champ a run for their money.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Honorable mentions- Madison Square Garden, New York Knicks/New York Rangers ; Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City Cheifs; Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox; Olypmia Arena, Detroit Red Wings
3. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium "The Swamp", University of Florida Football
-The 91,000+ crowd at UF games is something incredible. With 100+ degree temperatures at kick off, dehydration, drunk southerners, and Tim Tebow running your ass over, it's hard to imagine any opposing player actually enjoying his 60 minute stay at The Swamp. The legend of Gatorade has passed through this field, along with National Titles and impressive win totals. Opposing teams simply don't win here. Since 1990, the Gators are 95-7 at home and that total is sure to be built on next season. One of my favorite traditions in college football happens here. At the end of the third quarter, the Florida faithful lock arms and sway from row to row singing "We Are the Boys from Old Florida". This shows the the unity of the blue clad student section and the unity as a whole of the entire Gator community. CHOMP!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Now, Here are 5 things Standing Room Only hates about the NFL Free Agency Period
1. We have to hear Jerry Jones speak.
2. Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, and Brett Favre would actually consider playing for another team.
3. Someone thought it was a good idea to give Nate Clements 80 Million dollars.
4. March 1st still means we're far from the draft.
5. My favorite team's organization never, ever, does anything right.
Yes I know. I'm being a real party pooper with all this whining. But hey, I am fan. Anything that will keep my attention towards football in the offseason deserves some props! Now, here are 5 things Standing Room Only loves about the Free Agency period.
I LOVE THE FA PERIOD BECAUSE (of)...
1. All the drama in the NFL distracts the public and takes us right to first pitch on opening day!
2. The illusion that my team will actually sign someone I've heard of.
3. I don't have to watch my NBA and College Basketball team lose anymore. I can sit on NFL.com and wait for updates to pop up on my screen for the next 2 weeks.
4. There will be updated rosters in Madden 2010.5. Someone is actually going to sign their name on the dotted line and receive a substantial amount of money for holding a football while someone kicks it. Hell Yeah, Koy Detmer. *